mdehners: (Default)
[personal profile] mdehners
While the season isn't completely over, enough has passed to give the results of going full Astrological Gardening.
I'd mostly done 101 Moon Gardening; Plant from New to Full, Harvest Full to New(or before it got overripe;>) but I decided last Fall I'd try a yr of the more "accurate" one. My discoveries:
Witches Almanac easier to use than Old Farmers. Llewellyn knows it's customers won't have a deep understanding of Astrology and makes things more clear;>. It's not a bad as fertility tracking to get a baby but the same problems with Timing come up. Life and Weather don't give a shite that you only have a handful of days a month to plant particular plants(root,seed, fruit and leaf).
On to the results:
With the exception of Korean Melons and Tomatoes there was no difference in my usual Gardening method and that may be due to the particular cultivars.
Would I do it again? Naugh. I'll go back to my usual way. It's fun to try something new, even if the results end up a big "meh"......
Cheer,
Pat

Date: 2026-10-04 09:08 pm (UTC)
weofodthignen: selfportrait with Rune the cat (Default)
From: [personal profile] weofodthignen
I'd wondered off and on about the effect of the basic waning/waxing moon thing. I gather that that much at least you find to be true, so I should probably try harder to observe it.

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
456 78 910
111213 14151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2026 01:31 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios